Essential oils have been used for thousands of years in for various medicinal and health purposes because of their antidepressant, detoxifying, antibacterial, and calming properties. They have gained immense popularity as a natural and cost effective therapy for a number of health concerns. Essential oils are natural oil that are typically obtained by distillation and having the characteristic odour of the plant or other source from which it is extracted. Many people use essential oils to detoxify their bodies.
Here are some miraculous benefits that essential oils offer:
· Essential oils can help balance your hormones (like your estrogen, progesterone, cortisol, thyroid and testosterone) levels. Balancing estrogen and progesterone levels can improve conditions like infertility as well as the symptoms of some hormone related health conditions like PCOS and PMS. Essentials oils contain components that help control these hormones.
· Many essential oils have anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that help boost the immune system and fight off potential infections. The stronger our immune system, the better our bodies are able to fight off diseases and infections. The chemical substances that are found in essential oils (such as esters, phenolics, ketones, etc) have the potential to fight off foreign pathogen (free radicals) that pose threat to our health. Some of the best essential oils to boost your immunity include ginger, lemon, oregano, eucalyptus, myrrh, peppermint, cinnamon, etc.
· Another major benefit of essential oils is that they improve digestion. Some oils may even help in relieving an upset stomach, diarrhoea, severe indigestion, and other conditions of the gastrointestinal system. They help to stimulate our digestive enzymes, which in turn, makes it easier to break down and absorb essential nutrients required by the body.
· Essential oils are also known to boost energy levels that can help you improve your athletic performance. Not just that but its also improves your ability to perform aby physical activity. With more energy levels, you can follow your fitness routine well and stay fit! Some oils cab even increase oxygen supply to your brain, which will leave you feeling fresh and focused.
· Essential oils have the ability to improve brain function by getting more oxygen supply to your brain. It has certain neuroprotective effects that can help to improve cognitive performance. This is by far, one of the most impressive essential oil benefits. Many people suffering from neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s and dementia are able to benefit from essential oils and reduce their symptoms.